Monday, April 18, 2011

Well, i just could not be more proud of my incredible wife. She ran the Toledo Glass City Half Marathon yesterday, cold cold cold, gusting wind, no real training behind her, and to top it off she was nursing a really bad cold. She did it regardless. I am a strong runner, but her strength is over the top. It was the only time in the years we have been together, when I have seen her run with the look of suffering on her face. I felt it with her. I am grateful to have her in my life. I suppose our fighting instincts are one of those unseen qualities that drew us to one another nine years ago, even though we had little to nothing on the surface, or our backgrounds, that looked similar at the time. I've grown and been made a happier person because she is in my life. Her influence on my outlook on myself and this dialysis odyssey cannot be underestimated, nor can the role the kids have had in the same way. It is the interconnections of our mutual wills that give us purpose, why life matters. Our lives are defined by those who love, care, and demand the best from us.

No comments: